|Season 1, Episode 5|
|Air date||August 6, 2005|
|Written by||Peter K. Hirsch and Nick Raposo|
|Directed by||David SanAngelo|
See You Later, Gladiator
An accidental haiku sends Sam, Joe and Fred back to Japan smack-dab in the middle of the Tokugawa Shogunate. They meet a samurai named Honda & the evil Owatabut of Yomama who attempts to get rid of the great leader Tokugawa Ieyasu. Also, Sam and Samantha end up getting stuck in the past and learn how to become a samurai.
Owahtabut of Yomama
Fred: "Yeah so hows it work?" Sam: "What triggers the time warping?" Joe: "It's all in the wrists." The Book starts warping. Fred: "What did you do?" Joe: "I-I don't know!" Sam: "Yeah so hows it works, that's five syllables. What triggers the time warping, that's seven. (Gasps) We just recited a haiku over The Book, a time travel haiku!!!"
Historical Figures Edit
- At the end when the boys warp home, Sam's hair is in a pony tail.
- This marks the only time where we see Sam's room.
- We learn that the Book has Auto-Translator, which explains why the trio can communicate with non-English speakers.
- Owattabutt (Ofyomomma)'s name is a prank name for "Oh what a butt (of your momma)".
- Goof: When the boys are approached by a samurai, Sam has 4 arms; 2 at his side, 2 near his mouth, due to an animation glitch.